Our mattresses are carefully handcrafted using the best components available and are thoroughly inspected. However, if a mattress has a manufacturing defect, please contact your retailer first to explain the problem and take the required arrangements.
A detailed photograph of the defective product is usually required in order to properly identify the problem. The request must be accompanied by the original invoice.
In the event of a problem, the mattress will be inspected, repaired or replaced at our discretion. If the damaged materials are no longer available, it is our commitment to perform the repairs using components that are equivalent to the original ones. We are not responsible for the availability of raw materials.
- This warranty is valid only for the original purchaser and is non-transferable.
- Inspection and transportation charges are not covered by this warranty.
- For hygiene and safety reasons, a mattress that is deemed dirty, stained, mouldy or having insects such as bedbugs will not be inspected, repaired or replaced.
- No other warranty, whether written or oral, is valid.
We offer a 10-year warranty against manufacturing defects, namely those affecting the envelope seams, the tufts compressing certain fibres or the excessive shifting of raw material.
It is possible that upon purchase the mattress might be slightly shorter than the purchased size; this is usually due to storage and packaging. Unless the size difference is significant, it is not considered a defect. The mattress will go back to its original size on a short-term basis following use.
There are several models of mattresses and compression will vary depending on the quality of components. We consider defective compression exceeding 20% of the original thickness of the following components:
- 9 lb. density foam: 5-year warranty
- 5 lb. density foam: 10-year warranty
- Dunlop latex: 20-year warranty : 10-year complete warranty plus 10 years prorated from day one
- Recycled polyester: 1-year warranty
- 5 lb. density foam and under: 1-year warranty.
Cotton and eucalyptus fibres are pre-compressed using tufts and it is expected that these fibres will continue to compress before stabilizing. This compression is considered normal and is not covered by the warranty.
*** The compression is based on a maximum bodyweight of 100 kg (220 lb.). The normal amount of compression will be greater if the user exceed this weight.
Situations Not Covered by the Warranty:
- normal wear and tear of products, i.e. compression of cotton, wool and eucalyptus;
- product’s loss of firmness over time;
- mould problems (see “Maintenance” section on how to avoid mould);
- deterioration caused by improper use or poor maintenance, such as insufficient rotation;
- mattress used for commercial purposes, such as in hotels and inns;
- dissatisfaction regarding comfort;
- any other situation not described in this warranty.
The lifetime of the mattress is usually longer than the warranty period and a well-maintained mattress will be comfortable for several years.
Hygiene and Cleaning
To keep the mattress clean throughout the years, it is recommended to use a mattress cover or mattress pad. This will protect the mattress from damage and will absorb part of the moisture generated by the body at night.
To clean the mattress you can vacuum it from time to time. To clean stains, wipe with a damp cloth and mild soap as required. Make sure to dry the mattress well so that no moisture remains in the fibres.
In order to avoid mould problems, avoid placing the mattress on a solid surface or on the floor. Ideally, use a slatted base to ensure good air circulation.
Should you place your mattress on a solid surface, it is important to inspect your mattress regularly in order to detect the presence of moisture and to rotate it more often.
Most of our mattresses are symmetrical and rotating them maximizes their lifetime. About once a month, flip the mattress over and rotate it 180 degrees (randomly) to allow an even compression of the components.
To restore some flexibility in the natural fibres (cotton, wool and eucalyptus):
Holding the mattress by both ends, lift it one metre from the floor and let it fall to the floor a few times.
- Take advantage of a hot, dry and sunny day to air out the mattress.
- It the mattress can be folded, fold it a few seconds in one way and the other.