Junior Latex Mattress
The Junior Latex Mattress stands out from common mattresses by its simplicity. Entirely made of natural latex wrapped in wool, it will appeal to parents looking for a natural option for their little ones or adults looking for the simplicity and unaltered comfort of latex. The latex perfectly contours the body but offers a firm support. The durability of the latex also ensures the kids will stay comfortable for many years.
- 10-year Warranty
- Anti Dust Mites
- Made in Quebec
- No Excess Packaging
Junior Latex Mattress Components
This all-natural mattress contains :
- Firm Natural Dunlop latex
- Natural wool
The symmetrical confection allows a rotation of the mattress and makes it last much longer.
Recommended for sleepers looking for :
- a good support with a certain elasticity from the latex that embraces the shape of the body and eliminates pressure points.
- a fresh, hypoallergenic, dust-mites resistant mattress with no toxic fire retardants added.
- a mattress entirely made of natural components.
Futon d’or : Manufacturer Since 1981
Estimated Production Time : 0-4 weeks.
- Our mattresses, futons and bolster cushions are hand-crafted using very few machinery and minimum packaging to reduce environmental impact.
- All our products are inspected one by one for quality control.
- The mattresses are standard North American sizes, select the needed size for more details.
- We can make custom-size mattresses, futons and covers for all kind of usage : special size, floor cushions, recreational vehicule or other personalized project. Contact us with details about your project.
Special Orders Production Time : 4-6 weeks.
Component Description – Natural Latex
Latex has most of the qualities one would require from a good mattress :
- The elasticity of latex allows the mattress to adapt to the body shape and reduces uncomfortable pressure points.
- A very durable component that loses little volume, ensuring that the mattress will keep its shape throughout the years.
- Regulates temperature, allowing the body to remain cool and dry.
- Naturally hypoallergenic.
Latex Type : natural Dunlop
Origin : Sri Lanka
Density : 5.3 lb/cubic foot for our firm latex, 4.7 lb/cubic foot for our soft latex
Firmness Measurement ILD : used in 6″ layers : firm (34-38), used in 2″ layers : soft (23-27)
Latex is a natural product made from the sap of the rubber tree (Hevea brasiliensis). This sap is harvested by making notches in the tree trunk. We use high-quality natural Dunlop latex. Although our latex is not certified organic, it is natural and not a synthetic blend. We believe this type of latex is the best in terms of quality at a reasonable price.
Component Description – Natural Wool
Our mattresses are made in a plush wool-quilted cover. Wool is the perfect fibre for bedding.
- Regulates heat well, allowing the body to remain cool and dry.
- Naturally hypoallergenic and anti-dust mites.
- Wool is a natural fire-retardant.
Volume : 5.9 oz/square yard
Origin : New-Zealand
Quilting : Montreal
Cover confection : Gatineau
Unlike synthetic fibers, the wool fiber absorbs humidity and regulate the temperature to keep the body dry during the sleep. The wool can absorb to 30% of its own weight in humidity. This animal fibre is made to temperate the body temperature. It keeps the same function in our mattresses by absorbing the body humidity during the night. The body being dry, you can stay cool during summer and warm during the winter.
In addition to give an incredible comfort, the wool is added to the surface of our mattresses to respect the flammability requirements in Canada for the mattresses because it is naturally a fireproof material.
For more information about the flame retardants used in our futons and our mattresses
***The wool cover is not meant to be removed for washing.
The Boreal Mattress Vision
We believe a mattress of quality is :
Healthy – Naturally hypoallergenic and without the addition of toxic flame retardants
Durable – Durable components to provide a true long-term value
Comfortable – Firm yet flexible support, and temperature regulating for a restorative sleep
Respect for our Customers
Transparent approach without any marketing gimmicks or false promotional offers
Detailed information on the materials used
Respect for the Environment
Environmentally friendly handcrafting process requiring minimal equipment
A $10 donation per mattress sold will be made to the organization Nature Conservancy Canada
BETTER FOR YOU, BETTER FOR THE ENVIRONMENT
For every Boreal mattress sold, we’re proud to donate $10 to Nature Conservancy of Canada
Established in 1962, NCC is Quebec’s leading not-for-profit private land conservation organization.