The Promo is thinner than the other futons so it can be folded on itself (S-Folded) on Lounge-size frames. It’s a perfect match for the Turin A frame.
We consider the futon Promo Futon a Budget-friendly Futon : it is meant to be used as a sofa and occasional bed.
- 1-year Warranty
- Anti Dust Mites
- Budget-friendly Futon
- Made in Quebec
- No Excess Packaging
Futon Made with Durable Components
This budget friendly futon contains :
- Recycled Polyester
- Eucalyptus fiber
- Cotton fiber
With a minimum durability of three years, the Promo futon is an excellent choice as a sofa or occasional bed.
Recommended for sleepers looking for :
- Excellent budget-friendly option for a sofa or for a guest bed.
- Fresh, hypoallergenic, dust-mites resistant mattress with no toxic fire retardants added.
Futon d’or : Manufacturer Since 1981
Estimated Production Time : 0-4 weeks.
- Our mattresses, futons and bolster cushions are hand-crafted using very few machinery and minimum packaging to reduce environmental impact.
- All our products are inspected one by one for quality control.
- The mattresses are standard North American sizes, select the needed size for more details.
- We can make custom-size mattresses, futons and covers for all kind of usage : special size, floor cushions, recreational vehicule or other personalized project. Contact us with details about your project.
Special Orders Production Time : 4-6 weeks.
- Our futon mattress are compatible with standard futon frames, as long as the size is the same. To know of your frame size, simply take the measurements when the frame is in bed position.
- While a little stiff at first use, the futon will fold and take the shape of the frame. An antislip mat is strongly recommended on all frames to keep the futon from “sliding” down.
- The symmetrical confection allows a rotation of the futon and makes it last much longer.
Component Description – Eucalyptus Fiber
Eucalyptus fiber is used as the first layer under the mattress envelope. Already used in some textile products, this fibre has extraordinary temperature-regulating properties and we are proud to be among the firsts to use it in the materials that make up our mattresses.
- Soft and comfortable, it is ideal when combined with latex or a firm foam to achieve a balance between firmness and comfort.
- Regulates heat well, allowing the body to remain cool and dry.
- Naturally hypoallergenic and anti-dust mites
Volume : 2″ (5 cm) before compression
Origin : Australia
Confection : Montreal
Eucalyptus fiber is a derived product of the eucalyptus tree pulp. The produced fiber is soft and perfectly convenient for mattress manufacturing because it is naturally hypoallergenic and anti-dust mites. Its great capacity to absorb humidity compared to its volume. Eucalyptus fiber has very high humidity absorption and breathing capacity which repels parasites like dust-mites who tend to infest humid environments. Also, its very fast drying ability considerably reduces the propagation of bacteria and moist, adding to the life span of the mattress, countering the development of bad smell in long-term.
Added to all these positive effects on our sleep, growing the eucalyptus plant is very easy, making it an eco-friendly material. The plants do not require any pesticides to survive and the tree reaches maturity very fast. Even better, eucalyptus forests almost need no water spraying to grow. Studies show that eucalyptus only needs 155 gallons of water/pound of produced fibre and half an acre of territory can produce about a ton of fibre. In comparison, organic Californian cotton drains 782 gallons of water/pound and needs 3.5 acres to get the same amount of produced fibre. Eucalyptus can also be planted on low quality lands without altering the fibre, giving access to good arable land necessary to grow high quality food.
The fiber goes through different steps for its manufacturing. The tree is first cut to wood chip and mixed with amine oxides, an organic, biodegradable and non-toxic solvent. The fiber is slowly dissolved, cellulose is extracted and its agglomeration forms the fabric. Then multiple cleaning and drying cycles finally allows creating a final product clean and soft to maximize quality and comfort.
99% of the solvent and water used in the process are recycled and used again, the loss being minimal is ideal for an eco-friendly product. Finally, the tree automatically reproduces its own new sprouts, considerably reducing the energy loss and carbon emanations form heavy machinery normally used by industries to replant trees.
Eucalyptus layers must be compressed and held by small tufts on the surface of the mattress. These tufts are made of a cotton string with a plastic end visible on the mattress, for a more handcrafted style.
Component Description – Cotton Fiber
Cotton fiber is used in our mattresses to add comfort by taking the body shape and absorb the humidity. A fresher sleeping surface will result in less movements and a better sleep.
The white cotton comes from the cotton flower that undergoes mechanical modifications. The jagged flowers are getting rid of their shell by passing through different vibration stages. Once the cotton is clean, a small percentage of polyester fibers are added to it following the futon flammability requirements in Canada. This cotton is naturally white and not chemically treated. The compound is distributed in layers of different sizes. We only use cotton in layers in the making of our futons. The cotton in layers is more resistant to compression and it allows to avoid any movement of the material inside the mattress.
Component Description – Recycled Polyester Fiber
The recycled polyester is a fiber recently developed in collaboration with our suppliers to offer an economic alternative to the polyurethane foam. As its name implies, the layer is made of recycled polyester fibers which are jagged and put in layers. The final product is dense and more rigid than the lower quality of polyurethane foam; that’s why we use it in our more economic futons.
The Boreal Mattress Vision
We believe a mattress of quality is :
Healthy – Naturally hypoallergenic and without the addition of toxic flame retardants
Durable – Durable components to provide a true long-term value
Comfortable – Firm yet flexible support, and temperature regulating for a restorative sleep
Respect for our Customers
Transparent approach without any marketing gimmicks or false promotional offers
Detailed information on the materials used
Respect for the Environment
Environmentally friendly handcrafting process requiring minimal equipment
A $10 donation per mattress sold will be made to the organization Nature Conservancy Canada