Boreal Bed-Size Tatamis
- Boreal tatamis are authentic tatamis mats made of woven rice straw with black fabric borders.
- Boreal Bed-Size Tatamis are designed to minimize the quantity of tatamis necessary for standard-size mattresses.
Availability : 0-2 weeks.
- 2-year Warranty
- No Excess Packaging
Boreal Natural Tatamis Features
Boreal Bed-Size Tatamis are made entirely of rice straw without any synthetic filling in the center. No solvant or toxic additives are used in the process. Rice is cultivated for food and the rice straw is then woven into the mats.
- Traditional black borders.
- The bottom is protected by a canvas that acts as a barrier against humidity.
- The natural color of the tatami mat is greenish and take a wheat color over time with exposure to natural light.
- Natural and bio degradable.
- Tatamis are thick and heavy (62 lb each) and won’t move when used.
Tatamis Warranty and Cleaning
The tatamis will last many years if used properly. The natural color of the tatami mat is greenish and take a wheat color over time with exposure to natural light.
You can occasionally dust or vacuum the tatamis and clean it with a humid cloth. Avoid any excess water that could cause molding if not dried properly.
Boreal bed-size tatamis come with a 2-years warranty against all manufacturing defects. Damage caused by wear, humidity or inapropriate usage is not covered by warranty.
Odor and Parasite Prevention
The tatamis have a strong odor that comes from the rice straw itself. While this partially wears gradually, it is still to consider if you are sensible to odors. A good ventilation will help the smell to dissipate faster.
The rice straw is dried for months after the harvest, then put in a special oven to eliminate all parasites. The final product will then have to pass all regulations for export by Republic of China Customs and Quarantine to garantee the tatamis are to the highest hygiene standards.
Once they arrive in Canada, the tatamis are stored in a dry and ventilated warehouse to help dissipate the odor.
The tatamis are exempt of any parasites, thus bed bugs or any other parasite contamination is not covered by warranty.
Environmental and Quality Certifications
The Boreal Bed-size Tatamis are imported from China.
Our manufacturer in China has ISO 14001 Environmental Management System Cerfificate and ISO 9001 Quality Management System Cerfificate.
ISO 14001 is the international standard that specifies requirements for an effective environmental management system (EMS). It provides a framework that exists to help organizations :
- Minimize how their operations (processes, etc.) negatively affect the environment (i.e. cause adverse changes to air, water, or land).
- Comply with applicable laws, regulations, and other environmentally oriented requirements.
- Continually improve in the above.
ISO 9001 is defined as the international standard that specifies requirements for a quality management system (QMS). Organizations use the standard to demonstrate the ability to consistently provide products and services that meet customer and regulatory requirements.
The Boreal Mattress Vision
We believe a mattress of quality is :
Healthy – Naturally hypoallergenic and without the addition of toxic flame retardants
Durable – Durable components to provide a true long-term value
Comfortable – Firm yet flexible support, and temperature regulating for a restorative sleep
Respect for our Customers
Transparent approach without any marketing gimmicks or false promotional offers
Detailed information on the materials used
Respect for the Environment
Environmentally friendly handcrafting process requiring minimal equipment
A $10 donation per mattress sold will be made to the organization Nature Conservancy Canada