Traditional Tatami Mat
Availability : 0-3 weeks.
- 1-year Warranty
- No Excess Packaging
Traditional Tatami Mat Features
- Burgundy or Black with prints borders.
- The bottom is protected by a canvas that acts as a barrier against humidity.
- The natural color of the tatami mat is greenish and take a wheat color over time with exposure to natural light.
- Natural and bio degradable.
- Tatamis are thick and heavy and won’t move when used.
Tatami mats warranty and cleaning
The tatamis will last many years if used properly. The natural color of the tatami mat is greenish and take a wheat color over time with exposure to natural light.
You can occasionally dust or vacuum the tatamis and clean it with a humid cloth. Avoid any excess water that could cause molding if not dried properly.
Traditonal tatami mats come with a 1-year warranty against all manufacturing defects. Damage caused by wear, humidity or inapropriate usage is not covered by warranty.
Odor and parasite prevention
The tatamis have a strong odor that comes from the rice straw itself. While this partially wears gradually, it is still to consider if you are sensible to odors. A good ventilation will help the smell to dissipate faster.
The rice straw is dried for months after the harvest, then put in a special oven to eliminate all parasites.
Once they arrive in Canada, the tatamis are stored in a dry and ventilated warehouse to help dissipate the odor.
The tatamis are exempt of any parasites, thus bed bugs or any other parasite contamination is not covered by warranty.